Paul Lutus wrote:

> I have not had any success updating progress bars using worker threads and
> the Qt GUI library, you may have a different experience with
> GTk:ProgressBar.
I can't help with the original GTK question. But in QtRuby you would
use a Qt::Timer that allows you to specify a ruby method as a 'slot' to
be called periodically. In the slot called by Qt::Timer, download a
single file, update the progress bar and return. That way control can
return to Qt's main loop, and events can be handled - otherwise the GUI
will just freeze while you do what might be a lengthy download of lots
of podcasts.

-- Richard