--- "Hal E. Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote:
> Hmm, I don't think we have a Ruby mail client
> yet, do we? :) Someone want to change that?
> Maybe one with user-selectable GUI, as long
> as I'm dreaming?

I wrote an email client in Ruby/GTK, and used it as my only
email client for a couple months. It's (very) rough, but
did support folders, a preview pane, an address book, and
attachment extraction (but not attachment sending).

I haven't used it or touched the code in six months, but
have recently considered getting back into it. If I do,
I'll probably port it to Ruby/FLTK. (It was originally in
Ruby/Tk and didn't take long to port to GTK).

Releasing the code under an open source license is
currently low on my to-do list, but if there's enough
interest I can increase the priority.

Kevin