dave / pezians.com wrote:

> On Dec 3, 9:18 am, Daniel Berger <djber... / gmail.com> wrote:
>> d... / pezians.com wrote:

>>> Hi Dan,
>>> For some reason it's still now working for me.
>>> I do a gem install mongrel and it says:
>>> you need to install win32-service, Y or N. I say Y, it barfs (with same
>>> error as stated above).Then say 'N'.  You've already got it.
>> Regards,
>>
>> Dan
>
> I say N, it says required dependency win32-service not installed and
> then aborts the install.
> Mongrel gem install won't let me go any further.

Something's wrong then.  If win32-service is installed, the gem install
should pick that up and not even bother asking you about it.  Perhaps
I'll look into distributing this as a binary instead of forcing a
compile, if possible.

In the meantime, I suggest downloading the mongrel source and installing
manually instead of using gems for now.

> Do you know what the issue is with XP SP2 that won't allow you to
> install win32-service via gem in the first place?

Sounds like you lack a C compiler.  Otherwise it should work.

Regards,

Dan