On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 06:30:12AM +0900, Michel Casabianca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a library to read/write TAR files. I've had a look on
> RubyForge and searched for one on Google but found nothing (except an
> old library that doesn't seem to be maintained anymore). Does anyone
> know such a library?

Archive::Tar::Minitar is what you're looking for I believe.  Its part of
the ruwiki project.

    http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruwiki/

% gem search --remote minitar
archive-tar-minitar (0.5.1, 0.5.0)
    Provides POSIX tarchive management from Ruby programs

And from the RDoc for it:

    Archive::Tar::Minitar is a pure-Ruby library and command-line
    utility that provides the ability to deal with POSIX tar(1) archive
    files.

I've used it several times with great success.

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy / hinegardner.org