--------------enigA65A385DA6D0B39639990CAA

William James wrote:

> This is elegance?

I can trace ara's code in my head, and could probably find out what it's
doing from reading the code and usage examples without knowing what it's
supposed to do from the context of this thread or the identifiers. That
IS elegance with regards to coding.

> To me it seems pompous, pretentious prolixity, but it probably appeals
> to the bureaucratic mind which seeks a pretext for squandering
> money taken by force from the citizens.
>=20

=2E..

Right, +1 for making most anyone lookup "prolixity" in a dictionary, but
the nonsequitur unfounded straw man accusation following rather
nullifies the effect. Unless it's a quote from a translation of some
marxist text Google can't come up with.

> The simple way:
>=20

The -terse- way. If I wanted functional style, I'd have used at least a
module with the methods for the different operations and #send - procs
are too convenient an excuse for one-liners. It also makes anything in
the toplevel binding unreachable by GC, although that's probably not a
problem often - it could be depending on where the closures are created.
And takes more effort to find out the workings of, which is a
maintainability problem.

David Vallner