If I understand your question correctly, what you're looking for is
serializable continuations.

I've checked this a while back, and the current stable Ruby branch
(1.8.x) does not have those, though it supports continuations
themselves. There are no plans to add serialization for continuations
in this branch, afaik. Perhaps it would be added in the future Ruby
implementations (at least in some of those ;-)) but here's where the
implementation developers chime in...

-Chris