On Friday 19 October 2001 10:40 am, Jim Freeze wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Ned Konz wrote:
> > And VIM now has Ruby as a macro language as well, allowing the same kind
> > of evaluation, etc. easily.
>
> Where do we get info on this?

Sorry...

http://www.vim.org

It's easy to configure and compile a version of Vim with Ruby installed in
Unix:

./configure --enable-rubyinterp
make
make install

The stock Windows version does not by default have Ruby installed. I believe
that the "fat" version (gvim_ole) appears to have support for the DLL
versions of Perl, Python, (and TCL?) but not Ruby (apparently because of
issues with the DLL support in Ruby). I have no idea what it would take to
compile Ruby in with the Win32 version (I suspect you'd need the same
compiler for both Vim and Ruby, but am not sure). I don't use Windows enough
to care.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA