Le 1 d?cembre 2006 ? 23:30, James Edward Gray II a ?crit :

>>> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/227459

>> I cannot see that it is a HTML posting - in fact, I do not see any
>> HTML in that posting.  Is it possible that the gateway rejects
>> multipart messages?  James, if you need the source (or what reached
>> my gmail box) let me know and I forward it to you.

I'd like to see the whole raw message, headers included (my email is
valid, please attach the whole message, (g)zipped, or it will be bounced
by my _personal_ filters).

> Fred, can you comment on this?  The link above shows pretty much how
> the rejected message was formatted.

Are you sure the mailing-list archive software doesn't filter out HTML ?
A multipart message with only one part sounds quite unlikely to me.

James, maybe the gateway should save the rejected messages somewhere, if
only temporarily, don't you think ?

Anyway, I'm using cleanfeed on the server, an omnipresent filtering
package.  It's usually quire reliable, even if it has to use some
complicated heuristics from time to time (since MIME isn't widely used
on Usenet).  It's a quite standard version, with a bit of tweaking, but
not in that domain.

Why am I telling you all of this, you ask ?  Well, even if it is a false
positive, if I tune my filters to let the message pass, it will anyway
have a really bad distribution, being rejected by most of the hosts that
run the same soft.

> James Edward Gray II

Fred
--
Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days         The people I meet
always go their separate ways     Sometimes you tell the day      By the