Hi Bill,

I checked out the filter, and I see that I could create
MyMainController derived from ActionController::Base and have all my
controllers subclass MyMainController.  That would allow me log the
name of subcontrollers and the state of some object before any methods
of those controllers is invoked,  and likewise when the controllers are
closed.

But I don't see how I could get any of the methods of those controllers
to report that they had been invoked and subsequently terminated.

In addition,  I didn't see a corresponding mechanism for views and
helpers.

Do you agree, or is my assessment simplistic?

Regards,
Richard