Cyrus Ghalambor wrote:

> I'm trying to make an http conenction (to scrape a website) from within
> Komodo and am getting a ECONNREFUSED error:
>
> Example:
>     require "open-uri"
>     open("http://www.yahoo.com")
>
> But I can open a terminal session and use the ruby interpreter and make
> the http connection and get a complete response back from the site. What
> do you think the problem here could be?

I can only see one problem. You have started a new thread for an existing
problem. Many people offered suggestions, no one knows whether you took the
advice, but you have decided to create a new thread, so though no one has
helped you.

Did you take the offered advice to use telnet to verify that the site is
reachable from your computer? Did you make any recent changes to your
system, network configuration or ISP service? How do you know you don't
have a proxy problem?

These are the same questions I asked before, but didn't get answers to.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com