On 12/2/06, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2006, at 9:42 AM, Harold Hausman wrote:
>
> > It used cairo for the anti-aliased line drawing.
>
> I tried to use the new pure Ruby PNG library to get anti-aliased line
> drawing in the quiz files, but that sucker is a bit broken.  ;)
>
> James Edward Gray II

Ha! I did the exact same thing the day they announced that PNG lib.
There is some kind of bug in their implementation of that tricksy line
drawing algorithm they're using. I spent about 20 minutes trying to
unravel it and then quit.

I found it kind of ironic that they chose some super speedy line
drawing routine meant to save cycles when writing directly to video
ram in mode 13h from the early ninety's. Sitting right next to a pure
ruby implementation of png, compression and all, the contrast was
stark.

(:,
-Harold