On Dec 1, 2006, at 9:39 AM, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:

>> * I now have very detailed logs on everything the Gateway does, so
>> please be specific.  For example, tell me which messages are
>> missing, not just that they are.
>
>   can't we automate this? monitor/scraper?

Probably not too meaningfully.  Every Usenet host uses a different
system for numbering posts, so the numbers wouldn't be much help to
the outside world.

Besides, now that I understand the Gateway code intimately, I'm
hoping to get it robust enough to make problems rare.

>> * Our Usenet host does not allow us to post HTML emails.  This is
>> not changing.  (I'm not bothered by this because I do not believe
>> anyone should be sending HTML email to Ruby Talk.)

> | links -dump -stdin
>      __html_2_text?__
>
>   ??

I would much rather Ruby Talk rejected HTML emails.  ;)

I think they are pure evil, so it will be hard to convince me to
spend much effort on them.

>> I will address individual issues, as long as they are aware of all
>> four points above.
>
>   so...  i have this rash...   ;-)

<dies laughing>

OK...  Gateway issues!