On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Pit Capitain wrote:

> ara.t.howard / noaa.gov schrieb:
>> how bout this as the time spec?
>>
>>   http://runt.rubyforge.org/
>
> Ara, this would be nice, but I think it's difficult to determine the time of
> the next event with Runt's temporal expressions. I'm sure you don't want to
> call Runt::TExpr#include? every n seconds.

indeed.  this is the only major design flaw.  still, if one assumes a
granualrity of not more than 60s (ala cron) then this approach isn't too bad.
between the dates/include methods one can determine apriori if an event should
be scheduled for the next minute 'tick'.

i'm assuming there is either a solution implied in the code or that one can be
added without too much trouble - the bulk of the work has already been done in
this lib, so even if it isn't there now, i'm sure a solution will present
itself.

now.  what do you suggest?

;-)

-a
--
if you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
if you want to be happy, practice compassion.  -- the dalai lama