On Nov 30, 2006, at 9:22 PM, Trans wrote:

> Someone recently mentioned missing posts. I just did a comparsion of
> comp.lang.ruby and ruby-talk-google and indeed the usenet is missing
> posts.

Here's the information I have on this currently:

*  I rewrote the entire Gateway this last week, so anything before
that is history.  The news-to-email side is already deployed.  My
email-to-news code is complete, but not deployed.  (Our SysAdmin will
get to it soon now.)  If you raise issues, please make sure they are
recent.
* I now have very detailed logs on everything the Gateway does, so
please be specific.  For example, tell me which messages are missing,
not just that they are.
* Our Usenet host does not allow us to post HTML emails.  This is not
changing.  (I'm not bothered by this because I do not believe anyone
should be sending HTML email to Ruby Talk.)
* Our Gateway is an NNTP <-> email Gateway.  There has been at least
one instance of a Usenet post using ancient header formatting
predating NNTP.  These messages are not supported.

> James you want to have a look at the gateway?

I will address individual issues, as long as they are aware of all
four points above.

James Edward Gray II