Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2006, at 0605 , Damphyr wrote:
>
>> Anybody have any tips to share about unit testing code that uses drb?
>>
>> My problem is, I can test all the the logic in smaller chunks, but as
>> soon as I integrate everyhting and have code in place that verifies
>> and recovers from connection errors I need to at least establish that
>> drb connection.
>
> How is multiprocess operation (DRb dispatched) different from
> multithreaded operation (method calls) for your program?
It's not, apart from the fact that the drb server might just not be
there, so I need to recover from network errors in some way.
I am testing everything before putting it together and I am testing
without a drb connection.
Thing is in one case I make two or three calls over drb and at the
moment I can only test what happens when the first call fails, but not
what happens when the connection goes away in between calls.
The whole scenario is more of an integration test and fitting it into
Test::Unit is a bit of a push.
Cheers,
V.-
--