Hello --

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Jimmy Thrasher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm considering teaching a young person (13-year-old) how to program using
> Ruby.  Has anybody tried to do this?  Are there any resources?  I remember
> when Python was new there were people discussing how they were teaching
> their children how to program, so if any of you have done that, it would be
> a great resource to me.

Have a look at Pete McBreen's RubyConf presentation.  He talked about
that.  Hmmm... I don't have the Web address handy, but Chad Fowler
posted it here some time yesterday.  Nor am I sure how much child-
related material made it to the Web version, but have a look and see.

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net