I often do things that take far too much time.

So I create "make" like scripts that understand dependencies and
targets and when things need to be remade or not.

This saves me heaps and heaps of time.

So I just had the idea that I could pull everything into self
contained ruby if I could tell if a method had changed or not so I
would know whether I had to rerun it or not.

Hence the Questions:

Q1. Is there an "uneval" in ruby. ie. Give it a method name, return the
string that, if eval'd would give the method.

Q2. Is there a "method_hash", which would change if the method had changed.

I suppose I could store the methods as strings, compute an md5sum and then 'eval' the string. Hmm.

New Zealand