Hi --

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2006, at 1:13 PM, dblack / wobblini.net wrote:
>
>> You can also do:
>>
>>   word.split(//).each {|char| puts char }
>
> Or without the Array:
>
> word.scan(/./m) { |char| ... }

And, I now realize, if someone posted what I posted and I were
responding to it, I would point out that:

   array.each {|e| puts e }

is the same as:

   puts array

Something I've described in the past as a nuby rite of passage, I
believe... :-)

> Or you can load the each_char() method from the standard library:
>
> require "jcode"
> word.each_char { |char| ... }

I don't think I've ever seen that one.  So why is everyone so vexed
about what's going to happen with this in 1.9? :-)  (I know... it's
not that simple.)

David

--
                   David A. Black | dblack / wobblini.net