M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

>> So, is there a library that will give me timers, a nice way to
>> configure them and a nice event driven interface? :)
>> Cheers,
>> V.-
> Event Machine?
I'm not sure about this. EventMachine seems geared towards networking.
I just want a class that will tick away on it's own thread and fire
events at designated time points.
My requirements include firing at intervals (every thirty minutes, every
two days), once (in thirty minutes, on 1/1/2007 at 0:00 etc.) and I
would like to have named events if possible.
Getting the events should be as simple as observing the timer.
So will anybody save me the work or do I have to code the beast?
Cheers,
V.-

--
http://www.braveworld.net/riva