Damjan Rems wrote:
> Has anybody been succesfull combining Windows Telephone API (TAPI) with
> ruby. What I need is start a ruby program on call and receive a caller
> number.
>
> I need to know if this has been done with ruby so I can further decide
> on environment to use with application I will propose.

Hi, I've not done this but I have written several applications a few
years ago to make use of tapi from vb6. TAPI calls are just like normal
win32 calls, and most of the work is with dealing with the returned
structures, creating an object model and responding to call backs. All
of these things are quite simple in ruby, and a full tapi implementation
in a vb6 dll project is about 4000 lines, so with ruby I doubt there
would be a problem.

However, it is still a considerable amount of work and I think it would
be wise to investigate if there is an existing off the shelf com library
that you can call from ruby with win32ole, or a .NET library that you
can call with .net bridge, as this would provide the object model for you.
--

*Jeremy Wells*