Ok, since the original post migh just appear in a month's time, lets
rephrase the question:

I'm building a set of tools for build and test management (yes, yes, it
will do DamagaControl's work and yes, yes it will be released...and yes,
this is code that is used in real-life projects - it's all so close to
public alpha status).
Now, I can leave scheduling to cron (or at/schtasks), but it would be
nice to provide an interface so that scheduling can be set in the
application via some administration console.
Behind the scenes cron manipulation is too flaky for my tastes (and for
windows I would need a separate implementation).
So, is there a library that will give me timers, a nice way to configure
them and a nice event driven interface? :)
Cheers,
V.-
--
http://www.braveworld.net/riva