On 2006-11-30, Daniel DeLorme <dan-ml / dan42.com> wrote:
> This list has way too many messages for the amount of free time I have. Does
> someone, by any chance, know of email software with filtering (bayesian,
> user-based, etc) to help you ferret out the interesting stuff? Kind of like
> reverse spam: find the most interesting out of a mass of legit messages.
>
> Daniel

sylpheed or sylpeed-claws
(http://www.google.com/search?q=sylpheed&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)
provides (key-word or regex) filters with associated actions, so you can
use it to, for example, put all messages with ruby.*java|java.*ruby in
the subject line in your ruby-java folder, and so on.  Works well for me
for my mailing list emails.  (And each folder is implemented as a
directory in the filesystem, so it's also easy to grep/etc. emails from
the command line.)