Have you tried recording a macro in Excel and taking a look at the VB
code it generates? It should point you in the right direction. Did you
try xlThin?

Here's a sample macro generated with Excel

Range("E1:H2").Select
    Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone
    Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone
    With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft)
        .LineStyle = xlContinuous
        .Weight = xlThin
        .ColorIndex = xlAutomatic