Okay quick update... I figured out how to change the color of my border
and it shows up:

worksheet.Range("a#{currRow}:d#{currRow}").Borders['ColorIndex'] = 3

Buuuut when I try to change the line weight or style I get an OLE error.
Neither of these work:

worksheet.Range("a#{currRow}:d#{currRow}").Borders['LineStyle'] =
'xlContinuous'
worksheet.Range("a#{currRow}:d#{currRow}").Borders['Weight'] = 'xlThick'

The OLE error says unable to set the Weight property of the Borders
class. Same for Line Style. This makes me think that maybe the values I
am trying to set it to are incorrect since this also happens when I try
to change the color index to something like 99. So I believe I am
accessing the property correctly but not setting the correct value,
however all the examples I could find use those values.
Any ideas?