Une bévue wrote:

> Paul Lutus <nospam / nosite.zzz> wrote:
>

>> Answer number one: why don't you find out by doing an experiment? Surely
>> you don't expect to be able to develop software for a particular
>> operating system without actually doing tests on that OS, do you?
>
> Nope, others will test on win*, the question was to prevent some prob,
> because, with some languages (php) such thing as the little 'a' might
> change from *nix to win*.

Not a chance. Never happen.

>> Answer number two: yes, it works on Windows. It is a tautology of file
>> processing, and if it did not work, there wouldn't be anything else
>> discussed on this newsgroup.
>
> My experiment, particularly on win*, and only with Java*, make me
> thinking :
>
> file processing != tautology

The point I am making is that certain canonical file processing tasks, like
opening, reading, writing, appending to, and closing files must be
platform-independent. If they are not, the problem lies with the
implementation, not the conception (e.g. it's a bug).

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com