On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 06:32:29AM +0900, Neil Conway wrote:
> My guess is to connect to the "insert-text" signal; according to
> the docs:
>
>     The default signal handler for this signal will normally be
>     responsible for inserting the text, so by connecting to this
>     signal and then stopping the signal with gtk_signal_emit_stop(),
>     it is possibly to modify the inserted text, or prevent it from
>     being inserted entirely.
>
> However, it appears that gtk_signal_emit_stop() isn't implemented
> yet -- I'll take a look at it and see if I can get something
> in CVS tonight.

Okay, I implemented Gtk::Obkect#signal_emit_stop -- there was an
existing method by that name, but it actually called the GTK+ function
gtk_object_signal_emit_stop_by_name(), which is misleading; so I
renamed the old method to Gtk::Object#signal_emit_stop_by_name.

Either one of these methods should work, although emit_stop_by_name
is probably easier.

BTW, I made an important change to Gdk::Keyval -- the 'name' function
clashes with the builtin Module 'name' function. So I renamed the
Gdk::Keyval function to 'to_name' -- otherwise, it should function
identically.

As usual, check out the CVS, let me know if I've missed anything.

Cheers,

Neil