Hi,

In message "Re: New RCRchive, including new process"
    on Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:10:13 +0900, "Trans" <transfire / gmail.com> writes:

|Thanks David. I understand that this is Matz' call. I suppose I could
|have just written him. But I think everyone who participates in the RCR
|process has a stake in how it works. It's not just that the process is
|unappealling per se. It's frustating that the process is being
|restarted from scratch for the 3rd time while the difference between
|the restarts appears marginal at best. If you recall the last time this
|transformation occured I heavy argued for an RCR mailing list and even
|tried to start one. It had some limited success but it's the kind of
|thing that just doesn't fly without official support. I believe what we
|will get with this new process is just more of the same, becasue what
|is really needed is a screening forum to eliminate lack-luster ideas
|before they ever go to RCR and focus the good ones that do.

I am sorry for restarting it again.  But I haven't felt it's worked
well for last two times.  Most of them are pretty vague.  I had to
read between the lines before accepting it.  I have to left many just
because they are not concrete enough to distinguish good or bad.

This time, mailing list for each proposal could help discussion and
improving the proposals.  In addition, I would eagerly reject
proposals that is not concrete enough this time.  You may have to polish
your proposals again and again to be accepted.  It is an effort, I
know.  But it should be better than being left ignored.

							matz.