Hi,

We're having an issue with lighttpd / ruby / fastcgi and don't know
where to start to troubleshoot but we're having a major issue. Fastcgi
seem to be spawning and spawning and not closing bringing the system to
a halt every few hours. To remedy this, we just made a shell script to
execute cleaning up of dispatch.fcgi processes every 2 mins just to get
the system up for awhile.

We're using Ruby 1.8.4, Lighttpd - 1.4.1.1

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Any help on where I can go to understand this problem more would be a
big help.

thanks in advance.