I had to reload my system and am trying to bring up ruby on my kubuntu
system. I've compiled / installed ruby and rubygems. I then run
     sudo gem install mysql -y

I select 2 when it asks for mysql 2.7 (ruby). It then runs a bit, then I
get the following errors:

     Gem files will remain installed in
        /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7 for inspection.

     Results logged to
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/gem_make.out

I have no idea what to look at other than the file that supposedly it
was logged to, but the "gem_make.out" file has absolutely nothing in it
(actually, it has 1 byte, but I think it's a space)

Can anyone offer any help.
As always, thanks in advance.
---Michael