Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 0.1 of Ruby-GConf.

What is it?

    This package allows Ruby developers to write applications that
    store their configuration data using GConf (1.0.x). GConf is a
    configuration database system written by Havoc Pennington et al,
    and part of the GNOME application development framework (although
    it can be used separately).

This is the first public release, so naturally there may be a
few bugs to be ironed out. One important aspect of the API is
missing (registering callbacks), but other than that, most other
stuff has been implemented -- it just needs testing.

You can find more information at:

    http://ruby-gnome.sf.net/gconf.html

I'd be very interested in any feedback (both positive and
negative).

Cheers,

Neil
Ruby-GNOME Maintainer