Hello,

 I followed this tutorial and installed ruby successfully on my windows
XP machine:

http://mpcon.org/apacheguide/ruby.php

Then I tried to install the mysql module for ruby and read a forum post
which suggested getting rubygems which I installed from here
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubygems/

I then command lined this run "ruby setup.rb", then run "gem install
mysql"

Which gave me these 4 options on which mysql packages to install

 1. mysql 2.7.1 (mswin32)
 2. mysql 2.7 (ruby)
 3. mysql 2.6 (ruby)
 4. mysql 2.5.1 (ruby)
 5. Cancel installation

after I did that, I tried to test my Ruby insallation by going here:
http://localhost:3000/ and suddenly I get a refused connection.

I'm not sure of any other way I could test if the installation went
wrong or how I could reinstall it (which I've already tried once) and it
now doesn't work.

Thanks,
Clem C