Adam Shelly wrote:

> I used RedCloth for the first time for my Quiz entry,

I thin it would be better if we stepped back about ten paces. Please say
what your goal is. Is it to produce a presentable HTML version of plain
text?

I ask because you are trying to use a Ruby package named RedCloth, whose
purpose it is to convert ordinary text into presentable text, by way of ...
Textile, whose purpose it is to convert ordinary text into presentable
text, by way of ... HTML, whose purpose is to make presentable text out of
ordinary text.

Not surprisingly, given this baroquely complex series of filters and layers:

> ... I came
> across a few unexpected features...

I would have been surprised if you had _not_ encountered such
inconsistencies or "features" in such a complex scheme.

So again, please say what the disease is, not the remedy. Let's try to work
from there.

>  Can I fix these by setting rules in the to_html call, or are these bugs?

The only bug I see is the sheer complexity of the overall scheme.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com