Hi,

Just wondering if there's a way to get Rdoc to run the C preprocessor
over .c files it's documenting? I like to use macros to define method
functions and so on, but I often run up against limitations of Rdoc wrt.
finding comments for functions and so on. Right now I end up doing:

/*
 * rdoc comment
 */
static VALUE some_attr_setter(VALUE self, VALUE val) {
  OBJ_SETTER(ruby_wrapped_type, val);
}

But I'd rather do:

/*
 * rdoc comment
 */
OBJ_SETTER(some_attr_setter, ruby_wrapped_type, val);

which doesn't work. Another one I've found is:

  /* rdoc comment */
#ifdef SOMETHING
  rb_define_const(cSomeClass, "SOMETHING", INT2FIX(SOMETHING));
#else
  rb_define_const(cSomeClass, "SOMETHING", INT2FIX(-1));
#endif

which ends up being documented twice, with both values, neither with the
attached comment.

Obviously there are workarounds but, as I say, I just wondered if this
was possible, or if there was a better way to approach these kinds of
problems.

Cheers,
Ross