Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Kevin Smith wrote:
> > Between those two, I think you can decide based on whether
> > you like (or hate) two aspects of Tk: 1) the api, and 2)
> > the look-and-feel of the apps themselves.
> > Personally, I dislike the perl-like api of Ruby/Tk, and I
> > found the look and feel to appear a bit clunky and dated.
> > For those reasons, I prefer GTK, which has a very clean and
> > modern api and look-and-feel.
>
> care to give any explanation of what makes the Tk api "perl-like" and what
> makes the Gtk api "very clean and modern" ?

I also would like to see a reasonable explanation of this.
Personally, I have used wxWindows(Python), FOX, GTK enough to
send me back to Tk.  I LIKE the interface.  I find that FOX is
simply not ready for prime time yet; and GTK is made
unnecessarily complex by all of the code for themes(As a newbie,
try to find out how to set a text or background color).  If
cross-platform code is important: neither FOX nor GTK run
reliably on Windows yet.

--
"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom:
 the music is nothing if the audience is deaf."