------art_46989_2997735.1164124426414

Well on a cisco router, setting up an ACL like that would prevent anyone
from accessing it because it would hit the first rule (deny all) and then
stop.  Now, I'm a Ruby newbie, and I've never tried what you're trying, but
that's the first thing that I would check.  Can you put the deny all at the
end of the ACL list?