Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> So, I could run a standalone process with embedded Ruby and have native
> threads to communicate with it for running scripts and it will be able to put
> executed scripts into different Ruby threads making whole execution
> process 'thread-safe' from point of view of multi-threaded external
> application (for example, Apache2)?

The downside of this approach is that this (single-threaded) server
now becomes the bottleneck for your threaded server, and that you
either have to juggle lots of data in the single-threaded ruby server
to keep objects of the threaded counterart separate, or transfer data
to-and-fro over the socket to the server.

Emile