Henry Maddocks wrote:

> C++'s days are numbered unless you are doing seriously performance
> critical stuff (visualisation, some games, etc). Java is an
> improvement but then Ruby is at another level.
How does C++ deliver "seriously performance critical" applications where
C can't? Are the optimizers/code generators better for C++ than they are
for C? I would think a pure C code would have *better* performance,
simply because the language is simpler and easier to optimize.

http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/