Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:22591] Embedding Ruby"
    on 01/10/16, Emiliano <emile / iris-advies.com> writes:

|- I've been told (totally unverified) that ruby isn't thread-safe, and
|  that making it thread-safe would be hard. How much truth is there to
|  this?

It's not thread-safe.  Some tried the way that everything related in
Ruby in one native thread, then other threads send request via queue.

|- Is a separate runtime-only engine (one that can only run precompiled
|  scripts) available?

No.  It's ToDo for the next major version.

|- I could only find ruby-dev and ruby-ext in Japanese. Are there
|  similar English-spoken mailinglists?

You can discuss about these topic here.

							matz.