------art_31757_26174700.1164038897082

(Sorry, hit send accidentally before finishing ...)

Do you mean reusing a SQL statement/statement handle to increase
performance?

require 'dbi'

select_sql   select id, class_desc from products'
update_sql  update products SET category   where idn  '

dbh  BI.connect('dbi:oci8:dbname', 'user','passwd');
select_sth  bh.prepare(select_sql)
update_sth  bh.prepare(update_sql)

select_sth.execute
select_sth.each do |row|