------art_40302_10633818.1164033909837

Hi all

I have sent a little patch, defining HalfOrder, to ruby-core in order to get
some help with a problem I have found. Maybe this was not the best
procedure.
So I'll try here again :(

basically the patch defines a module HalfOrder which defines ">", "> "<"
and " depending on "< well almost because a potential #in the Mixer
class, as in Set cannot be overwritten. I think this is a shame.
Here goes some code expressed in ruby instead of C

module HalfOrder
### Mixer has to define #<..
def other
   # in case of performance problems you might want to define yourself
    self < ther && other < elf

class Set
    include HalfOrder
end

Set.new Set.new # works while it should raise a NoMethodError for a
missing #<ell *should* as in I would like.

Any ideas? ( Maybe the HalfOrder module should complain or warn when mixed
into a Class already containing a # guess I do not know how to do that in
C, yet)

Cheers
Robert
depends on the unreasonable man.