On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 18:46 +0900, Frank Reiff wrote:
> It looks like rubyforge is down (once again) and I'm getting a bit sick
> of putting my projects on hold for a while until the rubyforge server
> problems have been sorted out.. BTW why is this down half the time

Hi Frank -

Yup, RubyForge has been spotty lately.  Here's a post from yesterday
discussing some of the recent problems and plans to make things better:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/225701

> and
> isn't it time to build some kind of redunancy into gem?

Yup, that's in the works too.

Folks who are interested in listening in and contributing to RubyForge
admin discussions, please join this new list:

I'll try to post any ongoing problems there and would appreciate input
from more experienced sysadmins.

> Now I'm telling myself "Why not use a mirror?" I'm  getting none too far
> with this idea though, presumably because I don't have a reliable list
> of mirrors.. (this is probably on rubyforge?)

Sad but true!  However, I put a link to one of the mirrors here:

http://tomcopeland.blogs.com/juniordeveloper/2006/10/rubyforge_down.html

so that when RubyForge is down you can still get files.

Yours,

Tom