On Nov 19, 2006, at 5:22 PM, snacktime wrote:
> And I also took a look at soaplite in perl.  Not a bad option IMO and
> it's around second on my list right now after soap4r.

I have limited experience with soap4r, but my current assessment is
that it only works well if you can get it to read your wsdl file, and
that there are still some problems with that.  I've used it to work
with the SOAP interface on a United Devices GridMP server, and found
that only the bleeding-edge code would work at all with that WSDL
file.  And, the documentation and diagnostics are still a little rough.

On the other hand, SOAP::Lite is a great Perl module.  I started
using it before it supported WSDL, but if you're accessing an RPC-
style service, I found you really don't need the WSDL; SOAP::Lite is
very good about mapping argument lists to Perl structures and back.
It's also far better documented than soap4r at this point.

Tom