On Nov 19, 2006, at 4:12 AM, Mike A. Kenny wrote:
>> my guess is you need to install irb -  properly something like:
>> apt-get install irb
>
> apt-get install irb didn't work, but it got me thinking. apt-get
> had installed ruby 1.8.4 minus irb. I installed 1.8.5 from scratch
> and this had irb, but it turns out was missing yaml and zlib, whic
> I apt-got (correct tense?). Of course this installed them under /
> usr not /usr/local so I had to copy them. Seems to be working, but
> I must do some cleanup later or I will confuse the hell out of myself.

If you installed 1.8.5 from source and didn't have yaml something bad
probably happened.

If you installed 1.8.5 from scratch and zlib wasn't built you
probably were missing the zlib libraries on your system.

You shouldn't be copying these files across ruby versions.  It may
lead to strange bugs.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com