Sean Russell wrote:

>>. . .
>>

>Actually, I lied.  It isn't recursing; it is repeating the pattern match.   . . .
>
>Regular expressions can be complicated, but they are extremely useful.
>O'Reilly publishes a "Regular Expressions in a Nutshell" (or is it "Regular
>Expressions Explained"?  I don't remember, but O'Reilly publishes it) which
>is an excellent reference.
>
>. . .

__Mastering Regular Expressions__, by Jeffrey E.F. Friedl. 1997,
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.

I'm afread that's all I can contribute. I too HAD a regex function that
worked on "standard" delimenated data, only it went down with my last
machine when my OS ate my hard disk. B-(,

Oh well. It gives me a chance to relearn some things I'd forgotten P-)

Lawrence C.

--
    What I think is What I Think
    What my Company Thinks is What my Company Thinks

    Sometimes there is a Union of Thought
    Sometimes there is an Intersection of Thought

    And sometimes there is an Empty Set!

--
    My Name is MINE
    It belongs to ME