On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 11:08:56AM +0900, Pe, Botp wrote:
> 1) it seems that fri does not implem multiple queries yet? eg

oh, I'd never used that with ri (actually, I didn't use ri that much, for the
reason you know)

> 2) also, can we allow a -T for fri (since some do like pager while others
> like do not --sometimes. i prefer piping and teeing and all output in one :)

In HEAD, you have
 $ fri -h
    -P, --[no-]pager                 Use pager.
                                     (default: don't)
        --pager-cmd PAGER            Use pager PAGER.
	                             (default: don't)

By default, it doesn't use a pager, unless you are doing full-text searches.

> 3) it would be nice if queries (if possible) may return related topics. eg,
> something like, "Related methods: capitalize, downcase, upcase, trim, ltrim,
> etc...".

Yes, I'm thinking about the best way to achieve this; the obvious candidate is
latent semantic indexing.

> This is very good for noobies like me. this may be quite a hard work since
> we may need an index..

You cannot keep playing the newbie card for years ;) ... you've been around
since Jan 2001 at least! (I found your 1st post, according to blade, in
RubyConf's foundational thread [ruby-talk:9868]!)