ts wrote:

>  Well, not really sure but the problem seems to be with @prev (instance
>  variable of Node ?). The stack level is too deep when ruby try to mark
>  the object. Actually ruby try to detect this problem only when it run
>  rb_call0() and not when it try to mark an object.

I'm sorry, but how did you determine this?  I know of profile, but is there
a trace option for Ruby?

There isn't any deep recursion going on, just a huge number of objects
being created.  I've recently had a report that the test suite freezes (at
a predictable place on a short run time) on someone's older machine, which
confuses me.  Since the code is identical, I'm trying to figure out why it
works on some machines and not others, and why reducing the run time would
solve the problem.

--- SER