Alfonso wrote:

/ ...

> Sorry, I didn't expressed me correctly. When I said that if I type ñ ó á
> é í in the editor I have this result
>
>     .      I didn't mean that I couldn't see      in the edited
> file. They appear just so: ñ ó á é í. The problem is after executing the
> program ("ruby myprogram.rb"). Then the result in the console will be
> this:     . But the saved file has no problem with representation...

Then the problem is most likely the console font. Same remedy -- change
fonts. Nearly all these sorts of problems are caused by using the wrong
font.

But if you want to distinguish between font issues and others, capture the
output of your program and load it into your editor, to confirm that the
characters appear correctly there.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com