Paul Lutus escribió:
> Alfonso wrote:
>
> / ...
>

>>> The answer depends on where this happened, using what output device or
>>> editor, etc, etc..
>>>

>> I have tried this in two different computers with windows xp spanish
>> version installed. If I use the interactive console and write, for
>> example this line:
>>
>> puts "ñ ó á é í"
>>
>> then after presing enter, the result will be this: ñ ó á é í
>>
>> Now, if I write the same with a text editor (I use vim, but have tried
>> also with notepad), this is the result:
>>

> You need to obtain a font that is appropriate to the language you are using.
> I want to emphasize that the characters in the file are very likely to be
> correct, but their representation on the display is the only problem, and
> that is a font issue.
>
> In Windows, you have the option of changing locales, or installing an
> appropriate font, or both. Specifically with regard to either Notepad or
> VIM, see if you have the option of changing the editing font.
>

>> As opposite, in linux, the result is allways ñ ó á é í.
>>

> Linux is typically (but not always) more aware of locale issues. An example
> is the fact that I am getting the correct accented character
> representations here on Fedora 5's newsreader, and I doubt that I would on
> a recent Windows version.
>
> But again, it's very likely that the characters are correct, only their
> display is wrong.

Sorry, I didn't expressed me correctly. When I said that if I type ñ ó á
é í in the editor I have this result

    .      I didn't mean that I couldn't see      in the edited file. They appear just so:     . The problem is after executing the program ("ruby myprogram.rb"). Then the result in the console will be this:     . But the saved file has no problem with representation...

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
Llamadas a fijos y miles desde 1 ctimo por minuto.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com