Paul Lutus escribió:
> Alfonso wrote:
>

>> When I write my scripts in Linux, there is no problem with the special
>> characters, but on windows, the special characters of my language are
>> not properly set (spanish).
>>

> Define "not properly set." Leave nothing to the imagination. What did you
> expect, and what did you get, under what circumstances?
>

>> Example puts "español". I suppose for some
>> reason ruby detects the correct charset in linux but not in windows.
>> Could anyone say what is the reason for that, and the procedure to solve
>> it?
>>

> The answer depends on where this happened, using what output device or
> editor, etc, etc..

I have tried this in two different computers with windows xp spanish
version installed. If I use the interactive console and write, for
example this line:

puts "ñ ó á é í"

then after presing enter, the result will be this: ñ ó á é í

Now, if I write the same with a text editor (I use vim, but have tried
also with notepad), this is the result:

As opposite, in linux, the result is allways ñ ó á é í.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
Llamadas a fijos y miles desde 1 ctimo por minuto.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com