View and search object documentation from irb.

sudo gem install ihelp

Downloads: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=2597
Documentation: http://ihelp.rubyforge.org
Project page: http://rubyforge.org/projects/ihelp/
Screenshots:
  http://ihelp.rubyforge.org/ihelp1.png
  http://ihelp.rubyforge.org/ihelp2.png

REQUIREMENTS

* Generated RI docs (make install-doc)
* Ferret: http://rubyforge.org/projects/ferret

NEW FEATURES

On a bit of a similar tack with Mauricio, I wrote a full-text search
over RI docs to IHelp. Being a good deal less hardcore than him, I
used Ferret to achieve the task.

I think we'll merge the shared functionality some day, I'd rather roll
all the nifty backend stuff into RI and have IHelp be a user interface
to it.

QUICK USAGE

"How do I justify a string?"
ihelp 'justifying strings'
ihelp 'How do I justify a string?' # watch out for noise words

"I need to read little-endian ints from a string"
> String.help 'little-endian int'

"Hmm, how does String#unpack work?"
> String.help:unpack

"Okay, so now I have this Array of ints, what was the syntax of inject again?"
> ints.help:inject

"What is this object and what can i do with it?"
> object.help

"Someone told me that I should look up Mutex#synchronize... but I
don't have that loaded."
> help "Mutex#synchronize"

Add the following to your .irbrc:

# snappier by loading in the background.
Thread.new do
  require 'ihelp'
end

## If you don't like the colors in the search results
# IHelp.no_colors = true

## Renderer to use, one of 'ri', 'rubydoc', 'emacs', 'source', 'html'
## default is 'ri'
# IHelp.renderer = 'rubydoc'

## Web browser to use with renderers 'rubydoc' and 'html'
## default is 'firefox'
# IHelp.web_browser = 'konqueror'